Thursday, March 5, 2009

OLIVIA WATT'S ARRIVAL

On February 16th I started having contractions 2-3 minutes apart at 2:30 a.m., so at 4:00 we decided to go to the hospital when we got there I found out that my doctor was not on call. They decided that I was still a little early to have the baby I was just a couple of days from being 37 weeks. They ended up giving me 3 shots that were horrible to try and stop the contractions. (I can't remember what they were called) They made my whole body shake uncontrollably and my heart race. The contractions slowed down and they sent me home. On February 25th I went in for my regular doctor visit and my blood pressure was high. They sent me over to have an ultrasound and everything looked good with the baby. I went back over and had my blood pressure checked again and it was still high. So they sent me over to labor and delivery to get started and have my baby. They put a couple of pills on my cervix. The first one didn't do anything but the second one put me into labor and we had Olivia at 12:26 a.m. She weighed 5 pounds 13oz and was 19 inches long. She is so beautiful and I am always amazed at what a miracle it is to have a baby. I have absolutley loved having her. I never want to put her down. Noah and Madison have been so excited for their new baby sister. They give her lots of hugs and kisses. She has brought such a sweet spirit into our home.






10 comments:

Robyn Baird said...

Congrats Amy! She is a beauty! Hope you are feeling well. :)

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

Congratulations!!! I wish we were there:o( She is so precious, you can totally tell she is a Watt, looks just like Madison. I can't wait to meet her, hopefull soon! Miss you:o)

Chandy said...

Oh my goodness, so sweet! She looks just like a mini-Watt. So tiny!! Congrats hope you can hold her and enjoy her every minute!

Rachel and Steve said...

I agree with the others, you can tell she is a Watt. A beautiful blondie!! Congratulations you guys.

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is a beautiful baby! I am so happy she is here and all is well :)

Cala said...

She is too die for!! I want to eat her all up!!! Congrats, I love ya tons and miss you tons, we will be going to Eastern ID soon, so I will let you know and we can play one day on the farm!!! :)

Campbell Family said...

Congrats you guys! What a beautiful little girl! Noah and Madison look so cute holding their new little baby sister. Enjoy her! Hope you are feeling good Amy!

Martha said...

She is beautiful!!! I had no idea you had her yet. She does look like a mini-Watt...she's beautiful! How are the kiddos adjusting to her? How about you?

jenny said...

Oh Amy, she is beautiful! I can't believe all her blond hair!! I wish I could hold her and kiss her lips right off her face!! I am missing you so bad, are you ever coming to boise???

Marianne Martin said...

Oh my gosh! Josh told me tonight he was on the phone with Tyler and I said "oh they're suppose to have their baby soon aren't they?" And Josh said "Ya, duh, they had it like a month ago." I feel like the slowest, most oblivious person ever. I am not kidding when I say that for some reason, your blog doesn't show up on my sidebar at the top when it's been updated like it's suppose to. I am so sorry. Please forgive us for being so dumb. But anyways, Olivia sure is cute, and I'm way jealous you got to have such a tiny baby. I love the pictures of Noah and Madison holding her. I'm sure you'll get lots of help. Congrats! We can't wait to see her ourselves. We need to make a special trip out there.